Friday 16 January 2015

I found a metaphor that explains it all

Hello, my name is Laura. I started this blog to help cope with the ups and downs of, well, I'm not sure what it is sometimes. It involves existence though.

Maybe I'll post a few musings here too; it won't all be bad news.

Everyday, I wake up and I can see my entire day ahead of me. Each task, responsibility, commitment; it's a plate spinning.

Some days, I can dance between their poles, a little twirl here, a tiny coax there, and off they'll go. Spinning beautifully.

Some days, a couple will wobble. Precariously, but I'll make it in time, phew. 

Other days, I'll be tired, lethargic, lazy. I'll miss a couple. Oops. Smash.

Okay, move on. Except now more have smashed. Sh*t. And while I was trying to deal with these ones that smashed over here, those over there have gone too. 

Some days, I let my plates smash before I even get out of bed. I am useless at this.

I don't know if I'm depressed, ill-equipped or what. But I am tired of watching plates smash.
This blog is about learning to spin plates, and not cry over ones that smash.

Join me if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the people twirl...