Saturday 17 January 2015

When panic attacks

So guys, a bit of background to this story. In 2013, I was having some reoccurring troubles with my err, digestive system.

Eventually, it was decided that I had IBS. Great.
After a year or so, it had calmed down massively and I would say it was almost not a problem anymore. Almost.

The problem I've found? It's caused by anxiety.

So fast forward to last Christmas, in the car. 

Before I embark on any journey of length where toilets are not readily available, the anxiety is already primed. 

Then, to no surprise, I started to feel like I needed to go. Like, now. And no matter what I tell myself (it's all in my head, you're fine, it's just anxiety), I cannot seem to rationalize it. At all. 

Cue the biggest panic attack I've ever had. 

We had pulled out of a slip road into gridlocked traffic. That was it. My nerves began to crescendo until I was breathing so fast I nearly made myself pass out (which, I wished would have happened, anything to make it stop).

And even through the worst of it, I'm thinking, why is this happening? There's nothing wrong with you, you don't need to go. You can wait. 

This incident scared me, because for the first time it seemed rationalising (my trump card) wasn't working.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? How did you cope? Did you not?

Also this post has been morbid, so...


Why did the scarecrow get promoted?

He was outstanding in his field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the people twirl...